Would you like to help beautify the City of Sullivan?
Do you have a creative urge needing an outlet?
Adopting a fire hydrant may be the answer for you via the Adopt-A-Hydrant program.
The program is simple:
(1) Select a fire hydrant in the City of Sullivan that is need of care or one that is near your home.
(2) Select a design and color pattern for the hydrant.
(3) Complete the Adopt-A-Hydrant form.
(4) Wait for approval. The City of Sullivan and Sullivan Fire Protection District Fire Marshall will be approving the designs and color patterns.
(5) Paint the hydrant.
(6) Enjoy your beautification project and share it with others.
Guidelines: Hydrant designs must not be offensive. Brighter color patterns should be considered and darker colors kept to a minimum. Paint should be a glossy or reflective type in order to stand out and to be seen at night. Flat or dull paints should be avoided. All designs and colors need to be pre-approved. If the hydrant is not located on your property or is shared with someone else, then approval from the other party would be appropriate.
Click Here to see current Adopted Hydrants.
Questions: Email: J.T. Hardy or call (573) 468-4612